Music Core is a place aimed at children getting a solid music foundation, including developing pulse ad rhythm, sight-singing, and reading music notation. It will also introduce the children to three basic instruments that give a taste to the different families (violin, ukulele, recorder and piano).
The programme will include:
• 3 instruments taught during the year: Autumn term: Ukelele and Violin (introduction to string instruments), Winter term: Recorder (wind instruments) and Spring term: piano. (Instruments will be provided).
• Use of the Music Mind Games method to teach music notation (making also use of Solfeige and Kodaly).
• Percussion instruments to work on pulse/rhythm
• Colour coded chimes to work on auditory skills
• Singing to develop aural skills.
firmly believe that by introducing the children to different instruments and
music skills early, it will create more opportunity for them to develop an
interest in music, and they will be able to make an informed choice should they
want to pursue an instrument in the future, increasing the chances of success
and motivated learning. Most importantly, it will give them a life-long
appreciation of music.
FOR WHO: Children aged 6-8 years old
WHEN: Fridays from 1.50-2.35
WHERE: James Gillespies High School