FOR WHO: Children in P1 up to P4
WHEN: Friday 2.45pm
WHERE: James Gillespies High School
HOW MUCH*: T1 £90 / T2 £75 / T3 £50
*(Get a 20% discount when taken in combination with an instrumental group)!!
Music Core is a place aimed at children getting a solid music foundation, including developing pulse ad rhythm, sight-singing, and reading music notation. It will also introduce the children to three basic instruments that give a taste to the different families (violin, ukulele, recorder and piano).
The programme will include:
• 3 instruments taught during the year: Ukelele/Violin (introduction to string instruments), Recorder (wind instruments) Piano. (Instruments will be provided).
• Use of the Music Mind Games method to teach music notation (based on the principles of Solfeige and Kodaly).
• Percussion instruments to work on pulse/rhythm
• Dance to develop coordination and expression of music
(following the principles of Dalcroze)
• Colour coded chimes to work on auditory skills
• Singing to develop aural skills.
The programme spreads through 2 academic years, with MUSIC CORE I being the introduction of all principles, and MUSIC CORE II, assimilating and securing all concepts.
PROGRESSION: Once the children have been introduced to all instruments, they are ready to start group or individual lessons on their chosen instrument, and will continue to work on Music Theory and Aural in MUSIC LANGUAGE .
Can be combined with group instrumental lessons
Progression: Music Language